Welcome

This year I decided I wanted to create beautiful cakes...with no cake experience I found myself taking a wilton class. I fell in love with decorating cakes. One of the my favorite things about creating cakes are the tools. I want every tool imaginable to make decorating cakes easier. This blog will focus on my cakes and how I hope to continue to grow and progress as a cake decorator (if I can call myself that)

Cakes

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

3D Lightening Mcqueen Cake


My First attempt at a 3D cake. I carved the cake using a white flavor, which I will never do again. I guess it is a learning process... it crumbed everywhere! Next time I will use mud cake or pound cake! All and all I loved it!


The front view.
Side View...the tires I made of cupcakes!
Back View...this has to be made days in advance in order to harden. The hardest thing is to get it to stay on!
An aerial view...as you can see it was a huge cake! I made a base to make it look a bit more elaborate, but know I think the cake was elaborate enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment